Thursday, January 26, 2017

Introduction: According to my political ideology quiz, I am considered to be a "solid liberal", along with 15% of the population. Two particular traits of a solid liberal stood out to me and that is: being educated, and being optimistic as to the future of our world. That generally describes me perfectly which is why I find myself in a bit of a conundrum. I believe that the future is positive and that human decency and ingenuity can solve the problems that lie ahead. The difficulty that I have is in regard to the new president, Trump. His every move and action concerns me because he is creating unnecessary busy work for the next administration (who will surely work for much of their term to undo much of the damage). I am optimistic about the future but I also consider myself well informed and have reasons to worry. The uncertainty of the American way of life has led me to drop cable television and get my information through streaming sources. In this way, I am able to compare quality news organizations like: The Young Turks, Secular Talk, The David Pakman show, etc. Using streaming services, I am able to compare quality news to less credible, mainstream outlets: CNN, MSNBC, FOX. Aside from my interest in the subject matter, I enrolled in this class to satisfy a credit requirement. I am hoping to take advantage of the formal class setting to help solidify my understanding and beliefs on how our country works. Fortunately, on our civil liberty and current events quizzes, I did well. I am looking forward to being a part of this course.

No comments:

Post a Comment