Friday, March 10, 2017

Blog Stage 4:

The article that I chose to cover was called "The GOP Repeal Plan is Pretty Bad", written by David Harsanyi, and published by the National Review. Although this was my first time visiting the right-wing site, my first impression was that this was a very well made blog. The layout is attractive and well organized and the titles of the articles are vague enough that one would have to read them to confirm where the writer stands on the position. I believe that this blog targets young-educated citizens in our society and uses conspiracy theories and false assertions to try to muddy the waters between truth and lies. One thing that stood out to me about the article was that the writer had a complete lack of awareness in regard to the heavy backlash from people who rely on the ACA to survive. In truth, I believe that this site lacks credibility and it's existence is a threat to intelligence. David Harsanyi poses the question of whether something is better than nothing (the "something" being the GOP proposal). His conclusion is that the GOP bill is a victory in itself since it "halted federal funding of the nations largest abortion mill". This logic is what defines this blog for me: the lack of respect for women's health and the spread of fake news to advance agenda's.

No comments:

Post a Comment